Sunday, December 9, 2007

Here I Am

well, here I am, I think... I don't know much about this type of thing, but if things are going like I think they are, I have a blog account now, and I am presently typing my first poast, that any one who wishes will be able to read.
"What, don't you know whether or not you have an account,"
you may ask? Perhaps you might add
"and if you are typing a poast how could you not know if you are or not??"
Well, I'll tell you. I am a blind user. I use a screen reading program called Jaws, and some of these blogging things are so very confusing to me. But here I am at last, I think. And if I were not, I don't think I could be typing like this, we will see what happens. If you are reading this entry, you will know my account was a success. I think it is going to be just going by the way my computer is acting, I think I've done it right...
I've decided to try this blogging thing because, well, xanga is to hard, and face book works well, except, I think you must be a face book member inorder to read my face book notes. So, encase someone wants to read a blogfrom me, and doesn't have face book, they can read this.
What do I plan to do with this blog?
I'm not sure yet. I do not consider myself a very good writer when it comes to spelling, grammer and such. I don't see why that should stop me from writing on a blog site like this though. Thankfully I am getting better at spelling, I think... The excuse I make for my spelling is my blindness, but that is probably all it is, simply an excuse. Being blind, does make a difference though. You see I don't offten see words spelled out. Even when reading in braille! This is because in braille there are a lot of contractions. For example, in braille, the letter c, stands for the word can. Dots 4, 5, 6, before the letter c stands for the words cannot. So when reading braille I hardly ever see the word can or the word not spelled out, and this is just a small example, the list of words that you don't spell out when brailling goes on. Words like spirit, father, character, do, rejoice, rejoicing, and so many more words are not spelled out, you simply use contractions. This is inorder to save space as braille takes up so much space, I'm talking alot of space. My bible is made up of 17 or 18, I forget the exact number, but just say 18 big books in braille. So spelling is a challenge, and I fully admit, that I have not taken it nearly as seriusly as I ought. I'm working on it though. As far as grammer, now I do believe there is a place for proper grammer, and a time and place when it does not matter so much. I have a friend, who has told me that she can teach all my friends who are english majors and I a "gooder" way to talk, but for some reason, I am a little uneasy about this, so I have not asked her how to go about inroling in her classes.(haha this is sort of a little joke between this friend and I, and probably a prighvet joke at that. Hope she don't kill me when she reads this... I don't think she will though, she is a graceful person, and not only that, but she has to find this blog first.)
That is enough on that, so now let me get back to my erijanal question. What do I plan to do with this blog account, if indeed it has been a success? Time will tell. I just find that sometimes I like to write and there are times people seem to really be blessed when I do so. So why not. I mean thats enough reason to write is it not. I could list more, let me just do that for you. Since it is a cold day outside, and it's sunday, and I am not holding service tonight at church due to the forcast, and, well, let me get on with my reasons.
One, sometimes I bless people when I write. Two, it offten blesses me and helps me see and think things threw better when I write. Three, I am not sure if there are enough guys writing, especially from the Christian prespective. Four Ann does it, and I enjoy reading them. Five, people that want to read and have time to read, might get to know me better, or might learn something, for example did you know those things I stated above concerning braille, or did you know how I am able to use the computer even though I am blind. Six, ah, I'm tired of listing reasons, and about ready to end this poast. It will take me for ever to edit and correct what spelling and typing mistakes I catch or care to take the time to katch. I can type a 3 minute email to someone and spend 15 or more corecting it to make it half way presentable. But I am not complaining, I just praise my good Lord that I have the means to do as much as I can and do. Wow talk about grace... So having said all this, if you are reading this, for whatever reason you are doing so, you will now know that I worked hard on this perticular poast, and for whatever reason you are reading, know that I appreciate it, and I pray God bless you for it.
I do not know how this blog is going to work out, how offten I'll be able to write, nor how many readers I'll have. But I'll give it a shot, and I'll strive at least for a while, to give you something worth you're read. If I have someone reading this, and if you would like comment or email me at mark.rotramel@gmail.com, and tell me what kind of things you'd like to see on this blog site. What do you readers want from me? Is there anything spesificly I can do for you, or just something you want from me? Okay, thats all for now, I'm out of here, I'll leave you with this.
It's cold and messy out saide today, but nice and warm in here, kind of like the soul of mankind when it is reality that God is near.
Love in Jesus
Mark
p.s if you are reading this blog, I am no longer presently typing this spesific entry as was stated above

1 Comments:

At December 11, 2007 at 6:37 AM , Blogger Crystal said...

Wow, isn't it awesome how God has created all these things that enable a person to communicate in such a gooder way. I think it's awesome that one has the courage to write, sometimes I find it hard to put in words what I would like to, but everything usually finds it's place. Braille sounds very confusing, I had no idea. I hope you continue to write, I know I enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home